Future plans call for :
Our Vision for the Future of the Route 66 Historical Village
Security lighting and fencing
Train depot/exhibition center
Route 66 Village visitor’s center
McIntyre Airport Replica with restored small aircraft
Railway trolley cars.
1949 Railway Express Transportation Truck
Weyerhaeuser 1902 Box Car
Restoration of local Route 66 signage
Urban trolley exhibit: the Shannon Renee
1. Security lighting and fencing will be among the first tasks we hope to achieve in
the near future along with ample parking.
2. Inspiration for Depot | Exhibition Center
3. Parking for cars | RVs | Buses
4. Model for Visitor's Center: Period
6. Railway Trolley car(s) to be restored
5. Inspiration for the McIntyre Airport Replica
Oklahoma's aviation past is rich in history with having Amelia Earhart, Wiley Post and Lindberg landing at the McIntyre Airport.
7. 1949 Railway Express Truck to be restored
8. Weyerhaeuser 1902 Box Car to be restored
9. Local Signage
from Old Route 66
Gas Station to
10. Future Urban Trolley Exhibit – The Shannon Renee
For a guided tour, please contact us at: friends@
Become a Friend of the Village and help us grow our vision...
The Route 66 Historical Village Board welcomes donations of all sizes, both financial and
in-kind, from generous individual donors, foundations and the business community. We
seek to grow new and existing relationships with those who value historic preservation
In order to help prospective donors make informed decisions we happily offer detailed presentations, personal visits with our board members and wonderfully informative tours of the attraction itself. Suggested changes and ideas concerning future development and planning by donors are welcome.
If interested in helping with in-kind donations, contact us at: email@example.com for further information.